Making research papers on transgender is not a simple task, but you can complete it successfully with our effective hints. We know that for many students, writing academic papers seems a nightmare. But it is never late to learn and improve your skills in writing. Read our detailed guide and create an impressive transgender research paper to get a high grade!
Writing about transgender is not so easy because there is a lot of information about this subject, and this subject is surrounded with prejudice, shame to discuss and stigma, as well as misinformation on this topic. In this article, we will give some general tips on writing a research paper on transgender college students may be asked to make.
First of all, you must understand the definition of transgender. This term appeared in the 1960s, and it defines a person’s gender identity. In the 1980s, this term became an umbrella for various terms as crossdressers, transsexuals, transgender, and other people who change their gender. It is important for you to understand the main difference between multiple terms.
Sometimes transvestites and transsexuals can be defined as transgender, but there is a difference between these terms:
- Transsexuals are those people who have changed their sex to the opposite.
- Transvestites are used to wearing clothing of the opposite sex. These people also can be defined as crossdressers.
- Transgender are heterosexuals, homosexuals, bisexuals or asexuals. Their gender is different from sexual orientation.
Keep reading our article and get more tips on making a successful work without wasting your precious time!
How to Write a Research Paper on Transgender: Guide for Students
If you are assigned to make this paper, prepare to work hard. Follow these six stages on how to write a research paper on transgender, and create a perfect work!
- Brainstorm your ideas. That will help you to get bright ideas for writing your future writing. Take a sheet of paper, sit down in the quiet place, and write down any subjects about transgender that come to mind. That could be discrimination, prejudice, social rights, health insurance, etc. You can get plenty of transgender research paper titles.
- Be sure you have got multiple sources to complete your work. Think about where you can get enough information about the chosen subject. You can use various sources, like articles, statistics, online databases, etc. Remember you should have plenty of data before research.
- Use the information you have found to research on your topic. Define an argument you would like to discuss and make sure you have enough information to support this argument. The argument is a thesis statement (the central idea) of your future work.
- Write a detailed outline. After you have defined a thesis, create a detailed plan for writing your research paper. Feel free to include all important information in the outline, and it will be helpful in writing your document. Some students ignore this step, and they usually appear stuck in the middle of writing. You will find more tips on creating a good outline below.
- Create a rough draft. Follow your outline and write your research paper attentively step by step. Concentrate on your writing and ignore misprints and errors — you will have a chance to correct them later.
- Proofread your paper thoroughly. Take a break after you have finished writing, and then re-read your paper with refreshed eyes to correct mistakes. You can use online software to check grammar. The more time you spend on revising, the higher the grade you will get.
Transgender Research Paper Topics to Emphasize
It is not always easy to select a successful topic for preparing good work. We want to share some interesting transgender research paper topics to give you ideas for creating your own document.
Topics about Transgender Issues in Society
- Analysis of the main reasons why people want to change their sex.
- Can people change their sexual orientation constantly?
- Is it normal for homosexuals to raise children?
- Analysis of themes of homosexuality in the Bible.
- How are transgender people treated by our society?
Transgender Rights Research Paper Topics
- Same-sex marriages: For and against.
- Can lesbians and gays adopt children and be good parents?
- Compare and contrast how transgender people are treated in the USA and in Europe.
- Should transgender people have the same rights as other people?
- What legal rights do transgender people have?
How to Make a Transgender Research Paper Outline?
Preparing an outline is an essential part of your work. Without making a good plan for your future writing, you may find yourself stuck in the very beginning of your paper without any idea what to do next. A transgender research paper outline will be a helpful thing to create well-logical work to impress your readers. Here are the elements of an outline for your research paper:
- Introduction. In this paragraph, you have to represent the subject of your research to the audience and put a thesis statement. We recommend making an introduction for a transgender research paper when you have written all other parts of your work.
- Body part. Here you have to place arguments and support them with strong evidence. We suggest including three paragraphs in this part.
- Conclusion. That is a short paragraph where you should summarize the results of your research and finish your paper logically.
More Useful Tips on Writing a Transgender Research Paper
Transgender is a complex topic to write about, so we recommend using these additional tips to create a good paper:
- Make sure you understand all the terms connected to transgender: confusing definitions is inappropriate for such serious work.
- If you are writing about real stories from life, make sure those people don’t mind releasing it. Try to respect privacy and safety of others.
- Make sure you don’t make transgender people victims in your paper. Keep in mind that your main task is to research, but not judge.
We hope our tips were useful, and wish you good luck in creating a successful transgender research paper!