ENG 215 –
Appendix A: Peer Review Feedback Form 1
Writer’s Assigned #: _
Peerreviews should providefeedbacktoa peer on the criteriaexpectedin the paper.Followthese instructions:
Receive a classmate’s paper from your professor (in class if on-ground by e-mail if online).
Copy the Peer Review Feedback Form from the Appendix.
Comment on all criteria, noting strengths and/or areas for improvement on the feedback form.
Provide completed Peer Review Feedback Form and classmate’s paper to your professor.
Note:On-groundstudents shouldsubmitthefeedbackform andpaperto the professor during the classmeetingin whichthepaper isreviewedonlinestudentsshouldsubmitthefeedbackformand paper tothe professor via the Assignment Tab inthecourse shell.
Comments < Areas for Improvement
1. Provide an appropriate title and an interesting opening paragraph to appeal to your stated audience (appeal with logic, ethics, or emotion).
An interesting title.
The opening sentence needs to attract the attention of the audience. You would have incorporated a quote or statistics in your opening statement. Also, the introduction paragraph should contain the highlights of the points contained in the body.
2. Include a defensible, relevant thesis statement in the first paragraph. (With revised thesis statement.)
A strong thesis statement.
Though ordinarily the last sentence of the first paragraph is usually a thesis statement, you should introduce it using terms such as "argues,"asserts,"holds," "contends" among others
3. Describe the history and status of the issue and provide an overview of the problem(s)that need t o be addressed. This should be one or two (1-2)paragraphs.
The writer has covered the history of the subject.
When developing the history, the chronology of events is crucial. For instance, the paper should have contained notable cases. Renowned opponents and proponents would have been helpful when developing the ground on the issue.
4. Explain the first problem (economic, social, political, environmental, complexity, inequity, ethical/ moral, etc.) and provides support for your claims. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
The social issues surrounding the subjects of the paper are well developed.
A quality source is used to support the paragraph’s main point
A personal anecdote or a story would have been effective in supporting the source used.
5. Explain the second problem (economic, social, political, environmental, complexity, inequity, ethical/ moral, etc.) and provide support for your claims. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
The second supporting point which is the political controversy surrounding the issue is well developed.
The Paper contains an effective topic sentence.
A scholarly resource is used to support the point made by the writer.
Improve on your approach to providing sources. Ensure you adhere to the rules of making in-text citations for the difference reference styles.
6. Explain the third problem (economic, social, political, environmental, complexity, inequity, ethical/moral, etc.)And provide support for your claims. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
The third point which is the ethical issues involved is well developed. The paper contains a topic sentence.
Ensure that you are aware of the rules of making in-text citation for the various citation styles,
7. Use effective transitional words, phrases, and sentences throughout the paper.
All the body paragraphs are well linked with transitional words. This has achieved a coherency of ideas throughout the essay.
Transitional words should also be widely used to connect sentences and not reserved for the paragraphs as is the case in the essay.
8. Provide a concluding paragraph that summarizes the stated problems and promises a solution.
The concluding paragraph provides a solution to the issue of vaccination.
Besides providing a solution to the problem, a concluding paragraph should sum up all the main points. However, caution should be taken to avoid repeating what was said in the introductory paragraph.
9. Develop a coherently structured paper with an introduction, body, and conclusion
The paper is well developed into an introduction, body and conclusion.
Each of the parts needs to be fully developed. For instance, each body paragraph should contain a topic sentence, an explanation, a credible source and applications.
10. Support claims with at least three (3 ) quality, relevant references.Use credible, academic sources available through Strayer University’s Resource Center.
Three of the sources used in the essay are credible and academic.
You should desist from using blogs as your sources. Most of the blogs are not written by professionals, hence unreliable.
The spelling mistakes do not hinder the audience from getting the message
You should proofread your work to eliminate the spelling and, grammar mistakes as well as the use of the informal language.